Tuesday 31 May 2011

First Post!

Greetings everyone. My name is Amatsu, and this blog will be about various projects I work on. My primary focus at the moment is a IRC roleplaying bot called 'Prismbot'. It was originally started in 2003 by a close friend of mine, however, around 2005-2006, she was unable to continue the project. It sat idle until 2009 or so, in a almost completely broken state. Files wouldn't load right, errors were abound everywhere. Then one day while I was going though old folders, I found it, and started going though the bot's programming, spotting errors and correcting what I could. Since at the time I was unfamilar with the details of the language the bot was programmed in, it was slow going, and mostly relied on a uncanny talent of mine to understand parts of the code dispite my unfamilarity. However, the old version of mIRC used that held the bot framework had a number of fatal flaws that impaired my work, namely, a limit of about 64KB per file. Taking a risk, I updated the version (which, had it gone wrongly, would have caused immense problems) to the latest available at the time, eliminating this flaw.

And now here we are, 2011. Work continues, and a array of new features, beyond the original specs for the system have been added. Each post will detail a different aspect of the bot, in what I hope is a entertaining format for everyone.

As for other projects I work on, I've also done a bit of level design work for the fangames Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, and Super Mario Fusion Revival. I'm the mastermind behind parts of Construction Tower (World 3-3 in MKF) and Final Outpost (1-20 I believe in SMFR). I've also begun a Lets Play of Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story, a enjoyable GBA title that is a load of fun.

I think that's it for this post. Thank you for reading, and I hope some of you come back for my next post, where I will go into the details of character generation with my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment